Tuesday, September 04, 2012

8 Goals for a Better Life

Lately things have been... a little hard on me, and it's taken awhile to come to terms with all of it, but I'm getting there. I finally got up one day, had my morning coffee, turned on some music and didn't spend the whole day wanting to cry or crawl into a hole. It helped that Chloe finally seems to be over her teething spurt and is finally acting like a semi-happy baby, instead of the spawn of Satan like before. 

In the meantime I tried to brainstorms ways to make myself feel better, and just better my life overall. Now, these aren't huge, life-altering things in the slightest. How many people actually go through with the life altering things? Not very many, I'm guessing. So this is my simple list of things to make my life just a little better. Some, like the eating out one, are to save more money. Others are health, clutter and stress-related. I plan on adding to list as time goes on. 

[ via ]

Goals for a Better Life


1. Limit Facebook time

2. Take one day off from coffee a week

3. Rid the apartment of all things we don't use

4. Never eat out more than once a week

5. Go for a walk 3 times a week

6. Start up an emergency cash fund, completely separate from current savings

7. Cut back on sugar

8. Put more effort into blogging


Those are just the things I want to start doing immediately. If you made a list of small goals to better your life, what would be at the top of your list?

5 comments:

Missy | Literal Mom said...

Great list! I gave up coffee and soft drinks last November - sooooo happy I did.

Natural FIt and Frugal said...

I love your list, these are all great things to do.

Having an emergency fund can take so much stress from your life. Finances can be definite wrinkle causes.

My top one is exercise for 30 minutes at least 5 times a week. I need it for my body and mind!

Found you on SITS and glad I did :)

Mothering From Scratch said...

{Melinda} Great goals! If I could cut back on #1, I'd probably be much better at #8! :)

Seriously, most of those goals are things I am working toward as well. It's just getting started -- once I start doing them, I feel good about myself and my progress and want to continue!

Unknown said...

This is a great list! I had been doing so well on cutting back on Facebook--and with the election coming up so soon I think I will cut back even more.

Perfect list and I may be borrowing some of your goals.

xo

Your mom said...

Drink more water!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...