Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Discriminating Contest Rules

I am subscribed to Redbook, although I'm not saying this as advertisement. I was flipping through the issue I just got in the mail and came across the giveaways. I was bored, so I said 'what the hell', and decided to head over to the website to enter. I found one I wanted to enter, and looked at the rules. And here they are: 


Seriously? So if you're Canadian, you need to answer a skill-testing question, but if you're American, you're good to go? Is that how that works? 

I can't figure out if they're trying to piss me off because I'm Canadian, or if they're implying that one or the other isn't smart enough to win their giveaway. Are Canadians so dumb that they need to prove their skills, or are Americans so dumb that they just don't have to answer?

Seriously, why do I need to answer a question only if I'm Canadian? 

4 comments:

Baby Sister said...

What? That doesn't make any sense at all!! That is such a lame stipulation. I'm sure there are plenty of Americans that are dumber than Canadians, and vice versa. Seriously, that is dumb.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Huh?! That is weird.

Your mom said...

Seriously like the most random rule ever!

Sarah Lynn said...

I vote that Americans are too dumb to answer math.

But that's because I'm Canadian, and don't want to say I'm dumb!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...