Monday, May 6 - Besides my job, what do I do?
I do daycare pick up and drops off. I struggle to put diapers on and then to take them back off. I make breakfast, dinner, and lunch. I put it on the table, then round up all the bunch.
I wipe tiny hands and tiny faces. I drag kids around with me to all the places. I kiss and hug and cuddle. I buy the rain boots and rain jackets so we can jump in all the puddles.
On fun days, I paint little fingers and toes.
On gross days I wipe a lot of boogers off of noses.
I put clutter away. I do the laundry. I sweep the floor. I wipe the counters, tables, all surfaces and doors.
I fill the gas tank, buy the clothes and buy the groceries. The week we had a cat I was in charge of picking out the fleas.
I remember the appointments, the lists, the forms to fill. I remember the deadlines for all the bills.
I always want to sleep, have very little time to eat. I'm always on the go. My mind it never slows.
But this is my life. There are some things I'd like to change, but most of the things I wish they'd always stay the same.

2 comments:
Stopping by from the link up! I love that your posts rhymes :)
How cute. :) I love that you made it into a poem.
Post a Comment