Everyone has those list of things they said they'd never ever do as a parent, before they had children. That wasn't really the case with me. I was completely winging it, open to almost everything. Taking it one thing at a time, and going from there.
Co-sleeping?
My daughter made that decision for me. She wouldn't sleep (after the newborn stage) unless she was left alone. I don't want to share my bed anyway. Unless she's sick, and we did do that once.
Eating junk food?
She never got much, because she was a horrible eater anyway. If I gave her junk food, then I'd probably never be able to get her to eat fruit and veggies again. These days she does get some junk food now and then.
Cloth-diapering?
It sounds like a good idea, but I'm lazy.
Solids before 6 months?
She would barely eat solids at a year.
Discipline?
Tantrums will never get her what she wants. Unless it was some special situation and I really need to stop the crying. If you need to cry, go cry but kicking and screaming get you no where with me. Time outs? It's all fair game after the age of two.
Are there any things you said you'd never do?

4 comments:
I've tried to be pretty open minded and go with the flow and not rule out anything but we did rule out cloth diapers. I hate to do laundry and the thought of it grossed out Kristian. I would have had to change ALL the diapers if we did it.
Since I don't have kids yet, I just try to keep my mouth shut so I don't end up eating my words!
My parenting has changed over the years, and depending on the kid. Like for example, with some of my kids, time out works, others, not so much. I've had to change my approach based on who I was parenting at the moment.
I think there were a lot of things I said I would never do, and there are things that I say I'll never do now, but I guess we'll see what happens and I'm in the situation as an actual mom.
Post a Comment