Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm Sorry for Mother's Day


May 13 - Apology


Dear Boyfriend, 

I just want to apologize for events that have not happened yet. 

I'm sorry that you won't get a card for Father's Day. Not even a scribble between folded up loose leaf paper. 

You certainly won't get flowers or chocolate. Or anything of substance. I didn't expect it anyway. 

I'm sorry that you won't get a meal cooked for you. I'm sorry that instead you'll cook a meal for everyone else instead. 

I'm sorry that you're going to have to do a million loads of laundry. 

I'm sorry that your Father's Day will be as sad and unimportant as my Mother's Day. 

Love, 

Your Bitter Girlfriend. 

Ps. At least Chloe gave me love and affection for Mother's Day. 


Mother's Day

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be mad at me but I'm going to defend your dumb boyfriend just a little bit.

Last year Jason didn't even wish me a happy Mother's Day and I got really hurt and offended.

Jason was genuinely surprised because he didn't know he was supposed to do anything for me. In his mind Mother's Day was to say thank you to his mother.

This year I reminded him that it was his job to make me feel special as the mother of his daughter.

My parents have been married for over 40 years and we still have to remind our dad to do something for Mom.

You guys are in a unique position. Your boyfriend probably doesn't see you as Madi's mom and if he doesn't see himself as Chloe's dad he probably didnt even give a second thought to Mother's Day.

Guys are dumb and its amazing what we put up with. I'm sorry you didn't feel special - you deserve it!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yikes! Someone has some making up to do....

//kelly

Baby Sister said...

Dang, I'm sorry. I hope he makes it up to you!! And that he does a much better job for next year!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...