Friday, August 10, 2012

The Less-Fun Baby Phases

I used to think my daughter was an 'easy' baby. Some days I still do. Feed her, play with her, get her to nap on time and life is good. It's just not that simple anymore. I'm leaning more towards her being a 'difficult' baby. This is in no way a complaint post, but more simply 'this is my girl'. 

For so many babies, a car ride is the equivalent of a sedative. For Chloe, she may take a short nap here and there, but has proved many times over the past couple of weeks that she can whine and cry for the majority of a 2-hour trip. 



If there was such a thing as an anorexic baby, that's what mine would be. She goes through very brief spurts where she'll eat amazingly, but the majority of the time I absolutely dread meal times. She'll eat a couple of bites of anything, then will go on to look anywhere but at the spoon, slap it, he annoyed if I try to feed her. Most baby food gets washed down the sink. I've been trying my hardest to let her try new things in hopes she'd eat them easier, and that worked for awhile, but then even things she likes (custard, creamed corn, pears) she'll barely eat. She's been like this her entire life. 

I've finally realized that she'll eat a lot more finger foods, but mostly just the baby puff treats. I've tried feeding her cut up meats, bread, toast, scrambled eggs and she'll eat little bits of that stuff, but doesn't seem nearly enough. This is especially rough since she's a small baby and we have public health tracking her weight. 


Annnnd, she's hit the stage where she hates getting her diaper changed and whines, kicks, and tried to rolls away. No fun for anyone. 

Besides those three issues, she's a pretty amazing baby. I always dread taking her places in case of a meltdown, but she's keeps surprising me over and over by being a complete flirt wherever we go, no matter how tired and cranky she should be. 

She won over the hearts of most of my friends recently when we were all together for a wedding just by babbling and smiling away almost the whole weekend. She can mimick the words 'uh oh' sometimes. She won't give kisses, but makes a mean kissy noise. She's just so much fun to play with and be around. Most of the time. 

What was your least favorite baby phase?  

3 comments:

Irish Italian Blessings said...

Ah I can totally appreciate this post. One day they're angels and the next..not even close, lol. Good luck, it will pass, I promise!

Sean Marie said...

First things first, I do love you new blog. I would love if you created a GFC follower thing so your site shows up on my dashboard. Even if you only create it and then remove it a second later, it would make reading your blog that much easier if it just updated me whenever you post (sorry I'm so lazy). Secondly, I love this post as well. I feel blessed as well and like I have a pretty easy baby. Natalie used to freaking LOVE car rides. Lately she's been crying the whole time. It's frustrating. I hope Chloe gets better with the eating, but she looks healthy to me!

Baby Sister said...

Hopefully happier stages will come soon!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...