Thursday, August 16, 2012

Life Isn't Supposed to Be Perfect


Do you ever have those days, where really everything is going pretty great, but you have this nagging unhappy feeling because things just aren't perfect? 

Nothing significant has happened. You know you have it pretty good. But little, minor details are just bringing you down?

You know you're being stupid, so you try to ignore it. You listen to some music, drink your coffee, go on with your day. But it's always there in the back of your mind. 

You tell yourself you're crazy for even thinking about this feeling more than once, and especially for sitting down to write about it, yet you do. 

You think about it some more, and yep, you're just being an annoyance to yourself. 

Life really is great. Even the things you're thinking about are pretty good. You can barely even think about a bad thing in your life right now. 

Yet that nagging feeling just won't go away. 

You've been walking around feeling on top of the world for days now, and you're just not ready to give that up to go back to the ordinary feeling of regular old everyday life. 

You want perfection back. Great is great, but great is not perfection. Perfection is pretty hard to give up. 

6 comments:

AiringMyLaundry said...

Perfection is boring, I say. I like to be imperfect. Much more interesting ;)

Mothering From Scratch said...

{Melinda} As a recovering perfectionist myself, I can totally relate to this. But I agree with WhisperingWriter, I've learned that perfection is boring. All the really good stuff that God has grown in my character has come out of all the messyness of my life and relationships.

I can honestly say that I'm grateful for all the imperfection! :)

Visiting from SITS! Cute blog!

Baby Sister said...

Yep. I am way too much of a perfectionist. It drives me crazy.

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

I wrestle with this A LOT. And it's making me crazy b/c I know there's no such thing, but it still makes me afraid to try. I've been trying to train myself to let it go.

Deidre said...

Oh, I'm SO familiar with this feeling - but for me it's not even that life isn't perfect or even great - it's just a feeling that something isn't right...sometimes it takes days to pass

Unknown said...

I couldn't have said it better myself! Sorry I havent commented much. I will try to get in gear and get back to being your comment whore ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...