The weekend was a decent one. We took the girls for a walk to the carnival, which wasn't a huge deal to them (since they're 11 and 19 months), but was a nice outing for us. We had lots of playtime, double baby bath time, and lots of crying fits. It was a decent weekend spent with my favorite people, but didn't leave me with any kind of happy feeling.
My head is still kind of in the same mind frame as I was in on Thursday. I've just got this lingering 'meh' feeling that I can't seem to shake.
I know a lot of it has to do with the end of summer. I always hate the end of summer, although for the first time in my life I'm actually looking forward to slightly cooler weather. I'd rather a day where we can go to the park and be comfortable, not sweaty.
So the end of the summer is nearing, which makes me sad. On top of that, all the big things set to happen this summer have happened. My friend got married, I went to visit my best friends at a cottage for the weekend, friends from all over the country came to visit then went back to their homes, and boyfriend moved in at the beginning of the month.
I always feel a little sad when everything I was looking forward to is done, especially when there's nothing at all exciting in the near future to look forward to. And that's where I am now.
The only thing I have coming up is Chloe's birthday, and then I'm back to work the week after.
Back to work full-time for the first time since the beginning of September 2011. That's kind of huge, and with my current lack of car, it's just a lot of stress.
While I still have all those little great things to look forward to - like a few more weeks of freedom with my daughter, I'm just stuck in this 'meh' place, and I really want out.
I want that good feeling again.
3 comments:
Oh, it's so hard when you have something to look forward to that's SO exciting, and then it's over. That's why I'm trying to not wish time would go faster till December. Because I know as soon as the wedding and honeymoon are over, real life is going to begin and it's going to be hard. I hope you find your good feeling soon.
It's hard when the things you have been looking forward to for so long are behind you. Hopefully the coming week brings the return of happy feelings.
Oh, I know that feeling all too well! It's like the hardest thing to shake. But it does pass!
Thanks so much for visiting. :)
Post a Comment