I think I've watched too many romantic movies and read too many romantic books in my lifetime. I don't believe in love at first sight, in the slightest. I can understand feeling some sort of interest or maybe chemistry the quickly, but not love. I think you need to truly know someone before you can feel love. Still, I've always believed that if you were 'meant to be', there should be 'infatuation' from the beginning: always wanting to be together, always wanting to talk, always thinking about one another, etc. I've judged past relationships, and even my current one, based on those beliefs. I'm a crazy over-thinker.
The first night I met my boyfriend, I never had some crazy feeling, or attraction or pull or anything romantic. He seemed like a decent guy, and I could see myself spending time with him again. It didn't take long for me to like him, eventually love him, but even then I still had my doubts (overthinker). Surely 'real love' must feel bigger and stronger than that. Because of it, a couple of times I started to think maybe we had no future. I've finally come to realize that it doesn't work that way. Sometimes that overwhelming feeling hits you when you least expect it, long after you thought you already felt it. That feeling that pushes you past "I love you" and into "Ugh, now I'm one of those girls who misses you before you even leave. Gross."
(Hey, I can only be so romantic.)
Some of those little moments and little things about him that gave me that push:
- He's never taken a joke too seriously
No matter how much I've made fun of him, he's never gotten offended or annoyed (that I know of) and always jokes back.
- He cleans things without having to be asked
He did my dishes once without me asking. I thought he was sweet. Then I left him in my apartment while I worked once, and he did more dishes and even cleaned the bathroom. When the day came that he helped me clean and organize for the whole morning before he had to go to work, I was pretty much blown away. I'm now a believer in this 'Porn for Women' stuff. A guy who helps out = hottest thing ever.
1 comment:
This was so cute. :) I'm glad you're enjoying life with him.
Post a Comment