Monday, August 27, 2012

The Last Weekend of 'Summer'

The weekend was a fairly quiet one. Friday night I babysat my cousin's one-month old son overnight. It's been awhile (um, more than 10 months) since I've taken care of a newborn, but as far as newborn babies go, he was easy. He woke up three times between when I went to bed, and when I got up for the day, but he ate quick and went back to bed easily each time. I can't believe I had a newborn and 11 month old in my care overnight and somehow woke up feeling rested. 

My 2nd cousin, Christopher

Saturday was a special day. It was one of the few times that boyfriend and I both had no children for the day AND night. We used the time to go for a long, scenic drive and eventually ended up at his sister's place. We'd been planning on spending the night and having a few drinks, but I started feeling a little sick. Fever kind of sick. 

We tried to wait it out a bit, but in the end we drove the hour back home. By the time we went to bed I was feeling okay, and felt fine in the morning. I'm glad I wasn't sicker, but I wish it wouldn't have ruined our night out. Although I can't complain about lazing around in bed together watching stuff like America's Funniest Home Videos and getting a massage. Nope, can't complain at all. 

We got both our girls back on Sunday and took them downtown for a walk. They both seemed to enjoy it. The rest of the day seemed to speed by, and all of a sudden supper was done, boyfriend gave the girls a bath and I cleaned up. It felt so... family. 


It's a little sad that the summer is winding down, and in about a month free time together will be rare. That's what makes weekends like these so special. 

Upon glancing at this post once again it hit me that I should try to get in a photo myself every now and then. 

Tell me about your weekend. 

1 comment:

Baby Sister said...

I like those weekends. :)

Hmmmm...I worked, and worked. And Fiance and I went to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green. Such a good movie!! Sad, but good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...