Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sometimes Waking Up Isn't So Hard to Do

There are so many moms that don't have the freedom to stay home with their babies like I do. I live in Canada, and so I get a year of paid maternity leave. It is so amazing, and I know I'm so lucky because if I was on my own, I wouldn't even be able to take more than a few days off. My year is quickly coming to an end though. 

One of the perks of being home full-time right now, is that we don't usually have to  get up for a specific reason, and one of the (rare) perks of being home full-time with my baby girl is waking up before she does. 

It's happened (I would guess) less than five times since I've had her, but today is one of those days. It's so nice to be able to slowly wake up on my own. It's even better when she stays asleep long enough for me to get something done - whether that be a quick shower, coffee and blogging time, or a good breakfast time. 

Today, it's blogging time. 

And since I'm visiting at my mother's, me and baby girl are sharing a room so every so often I can glance over and see her all stretched out in her crib. 

And while I love this free time, I'm genuinely torn between wanting her to stay asleep a bit longer, and wanting her to wake up because morning snuggles, mixed with that smile she gives me when she first wakes up is the highlight of my day. 


7 comments:

C. McKane said...

Aww that is so sweet. I'm sure going back to work will be tough but I think it is wonderful they give you a year leave!

Enjoy those precious sleepy time moments :)

Baby Sister said...

That would be so awesome to get 1 yr paid maternity leave. That is awesome. :)

Deidre said...

I love morning time (and I don't even have kids) - but I love being able to lie in bed before going to work and blog...it's perfection!

Your daughter is precious!

Michelle said...

Such a cutie:) Love those baby girl snuggles!
Michelle
http://www.normalchaosforamultitaskmom.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-birthday-that-almost-wasnt.html

Mama Pants said...

A YEAR of leave???? So awesome. So glad that some countries are doing right by mamas. The US could learn a thing or two.

Your baby is just beautiful. Sweet post :)
Stopping by from SITS! Happy Saturday!

Katie E said...

I'm so jealous of your one year of leave - I only took 6 weeks with my most recent baby :(

And what a beautiful baby you have!

Visiting from SITS.

sarah said...

I also loved snuggles wether they were done early morning, after lunch or in the evenings. Those are memories that I love to look back now that most of them are teenagers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...