Thursday, September 19, 2013

Beautiful Moments

I can picture beautiful moments.

[ via ]
Sipping a cup of coffee on a quiet fall morning.
Giggles at a playground.
Pretty fall boots.
The excitement on my children's faces when I pick them up at daycare.
Watching a really great movie.
Fresh, warm laundry on a cold day.
Baking some fresh, homemade treats. 
Curling up with a great book. 
Hiding under the blankets. 
Cuddling with the right person. 
Singing songs in the rocking chair. 

Some of them are a reality. Some I could easily recreate, but they don't feel the same. I'd love to get up a little early and relax with my coffee, but often I don't wake up feeling great. I'd love to read a great book, but I just can't relax enough to do it when I'm home. Going to the playground is more stressful than just staying home. 

I can't escape my own mind. I've been better, but I still can't escape. I want to fully enjoy all of those things, and more, without my mind wandering and worrying about my anxiety. I want to live a normal, happy life again. 

I don't know why anxiety had to take over my life, but I wish there was an easier way to kick it out. 

4 comments:

Helene in Between said...

I am so sorry, anxiety is really awful to deal with, but it sounds like you are doing the right things to overcome it.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I sorry! That has to be tough.

Jayme said...

I think doing anything with kids can cause anxiety. It's so much easier to stay home than to pack up a diaper bag, wrestle them into appropriate clothes, etc. I want to do things like go to the park and make memories but it can be overwhelming. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. ((hugs))

Baby Sister said...

I'm sorry. :( I hope you can somehow get control of it soon!! I don't have issues with a ton of anxiety, but every once in a while...and it's not fun. So I can only imagine what you go through...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...