If you asked me a month ago, I never would've thought that I'd be engaged and wedding planning right now. I haven't dug too far into the planning process, but I have been scrounging up information from as many different places as I can, trying to figure out our budget. Once I know how much we need, then I'll know how hard we need to save and how much money we need to put away monthly to do this.
The hardest part of wedding planning?
Picking a photographer. If I wasn't on a budget, I know exactly who my top three choices would be. Being on a budget means I'm messaging anyone who's photos I like to get their pricing information. I can't afford to go overboard, but photography is the one part of my wedding I don't want to go too cheap on. Even Eric agrees - we would never have huge regrets if the food or decorations weren't great but we would regret it forever if we didn't have great photos to look back on. And with that same mindframe, we've decided we'll spend the extra to also have it videotaped.
We've picked our year. 2015. We don't want it too early or too late, so I was hoping for late June or early July. Lately the 4th of July has been stuck in my head. We're Canadian, so it doesn't mean anything to us but wouldn't it be fun to give it some special meaning?
Eric immediately picked his best man and one of his groomsmen, and they both already know it. There was no question. We know we want 1-2 other people in his party, then there's my side. I know who my options are, and who I'd most like to be in my wedding but it doesn't seem to be as simple as that. I can't fit all the people I'd consider, and some I wonder if they would want to be anyway.
The night of our engagement Eric told me that I should pick the people who bring it up the most and seem the most excited. That's how you know they want to be a part of it. By that logic my wedding might end up being all male.
Since the announcement, I've spoken to my mother on the phone at least 5 times, and spent the night at her house. She has not mentioned it once. We've talked about other people's weddings and engagements. I guess mine is so unimportant that she's forgotten it's even happened. Now I'm just playing the waiting game - not saying anything about it to see how long until she brings it up. She would've been happier if I was knocked up, which she made apparent when we called and told her the news. I guess I'm on my own.
We're thinking of doing a very informal ceremony and reception. We're not high-class, formal people. We're cheap and we just want to party.
But I'll save more of those details for when they're actually decided. On another note, I finally got my ring back yesterday. Finally!
On a completely unrelated note, Chloe is 21 months old today.

3 comments:
Congratulations! You must be so excited :)
www.reviewsuntilyoudrop.blogspot.com
I'm sorry your mom is not more excited about it. Hopefully as plans start being made and it gets closer she'll show some more excitement.
Wedding can be fun and VERY stressful. I hope it's more the fun part for you. And yes, PLEASE spend the money to get a good photographer. I'm sorry your mom is not very excited. I hope she gets more so as time passes...
Post a Comment