This might be a bad time to write, as I'm a little disappointed with something right now, so I'm wallowing a little bit.
The past few days have been great crazy. Within the next month and a half, all of my friend will be home from.. well, all over the world. There's one from the other end of Canada, and even one who's been living in the Dominican, plus a couple more that don't live nearby anymore.
We might even all be able to get together at my place on July 13th to have a reunion/baby shower for my friend who had a baby in March.
It's all pretty exciting, but I'm disappointed.
The last weekend in June we were supposed to go off-Island to visit friends. Eric, Chloe and I, taking another friend with us. I knew it was a long shot that Eric would get the time off work so last minute, and on Canada Day weekend, so I shouldn't be as disappointed as I am that he can't go that weekend.
We can't change the date of the trip without missing out on seeing other friends, or having to go without the friend who was travelling with us. Still, I'm really sad to go without him.
In the past couple of months we've had one day alone together, and one night. Not at the same time. We couldn't do much the night we were alone together because he worked that day, and first thing the next morning. The day we had off together we spent doing groceries and errands, and couldn't make real plans because we had to pick Madi up just after supper. Time alone just doesn't really exist.
This will probably just be the first of many disappointments over the summer. Anything we want to do together we always need to find a babysitter for Madi, since she can't sleep at her Mom's. Every other weekend we'd also have to find a sitter for Chloe, on the weekends she's not with her father.
It's like we'll never have any time together to do anything over the summer unless it's with the kids.
I'd love to have just one weekend away, but I don't even want to think about it, because it would probably never end up happening anyway.
Happy freaking Tuesday.



3 comments:
that is a bummer :( do either of your families live nearby? I hope you figure something out and get some alone time! it helps so much.
I agree...bummer. I know the feeling. My hubs and I almost never get to go out unless its with the kids. Thankfully sometimes we get to a have a lunch date while the kids are in school. I hope things work out for you guys. Patents need breaks :)
:( I'm so sorry!! That totally blows. I hope that you can find a way to spend some time together...
Post a Comment