Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Chloe and her Quirks


Kids have so many quirks. I love it. 

I've noticed so many little things about Chloe lately. 

Like how she sticks her tongue out a little when she's feeling shy. 

She wakes up so happy almost always. And lately, she immediately asks for something. This morning it was a hat she saw in her closets, sometimes it's Madi. 

She needs to point out shoes. Always. She loves shoes. 

She has finally mastered the word 'mommy'. There's no more 'mama' it's all mommy, and she says it all the time. She has also noticed what things are mommy's - she knows iced coffees are mine. She points to them and says mommy. This morning my flip flops were near the back door. She pointed to them and said 'mommy shoes'.

She says so many words really well lately. 

She absolutely loves books. I'm glad she does. When she sees one, she wants it, and sometimes it's hard to get her to let go of it. She'll sit quietly and look through them. She isn't usually rough on them at all. I hope she continues to love them. 

She gets frustrated so easily these days when I can't figure out what she wants. She wanted a sweater on, so I put it on her. She wanted it zipped up, so I did it. Then she got mad when it was zipped, mad when it was unzipped. I just couldn't figure her out. Maybe she wanted to do it herself, but she gets mad because she can't do that either. 

She loves putting the dirty diapers in the garbage. If one of us just leaves one on the floor and she notices it, she'll drop what she's doing to bring it to the garbage. She also likes putting her sippy cup in the sink. 

She also likes to dump her plate onto the table. That quirk is a little less cute. 

And she thinks everything is a cracker - chips, cookies, crackers, cereal - and loves them all. 

She know Elmo, Dora the Explorer, and Backpack.

On June 4th she moved from the baby (toddler) room at daycare, into the slightly older toddler room. The one with the slide. She seemed hesitant to go in at first, but then took off running. I'm a little sad that she's moved, but now she gets a locker instead of just a hook on a wall. She shares a locker with a little girl named Marielle. Such a cute name.

While we're talking about Chloe, I want to throw in a few stats.

Like how she has a full mouth of teeth, and I didn't mark the dates they came in in her baby book.

She's in size 4 shoes, but some of them seem to be getting small (already!)

She's wearing a few 12-18 month clothing, but a lot more 18-24 and even some 2T. It's like she took a huge growth spurt. Just a couple of months ago she was still in size 6-12.

She's still in size 3 diapers, size 4 nighttime diapers. We have about two boxes of diapers in the closet and I think she'll be into size 4 by the time they're gone, or sooner.

She finally likes hats, and will mostly keep hers on her head. Sometimes she requests it for no real reason.

She still loves almost anything pasta, bread, cereal, anything that looks like a cracker, yogurt, cheese, potatoes, etc. She isn't very picky, but she still hates green and yellow beans (I don't blame her), frozen blueberries even when they're thawed, broccoli unless you mash it into something else.

She's been completely off the bottle for a few weeks now. She still has a sippy cup of milk at nap time and at bedtime. I know it'll be really hard to break that habit, but I'll deal with it later.

Overall, she's just so much fun. I miss her when I'm at work and she's at daycare. 

1 comment:

Baby Sister said...

She just gets more adorable every day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...