Friday, March 08, 2013

Week One of Being a Mother of Two

Thanks for the well wishes. Luckily it was just a one-day thing, and now that I'm past the 'hangover' portion that was yesterday, I'm feeling fine again. Although there's nothing like a sick day to make a week feel like it just flew by. Stick around for the recap tomorrow.

Today marks the end of our first full week of having Madi in our care.

The results? 

It wasn't that hard.

Luckily, boyfriend has been working a lot of early shifts lately, so he's been around to help almost every evening. And he's always there in the morning to help with dressing and feeding and buckling in the car. And when I leave with the  girls in the morning, he always does the dishes.

Last night I managed to give them their bath by myself, plus their dinner and bedtime snack. There were no major tantrums. We read a book. We talked to my mother on Skype. The girls watched a little bit of tv.

So things have been relatively easy.

I hope I'm not jinxing anything.

On another note, I really need to start taking more pictures, because I have none at all to post.

2 comments:

Sean Marie said...

I'm really so happy for you and your boyfriend. You all make such a cute blended family and you're right, you need some pictures up! Glad things weren't so bad! There will be the really rough days, sure, but it's all so worth is. You're a great mama and step mama!

Baby Sister said...

I'm glad you feel better, and I'm so glad your first week went well. :) Here's to a good first month, huh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...