At approximately 5:30 pm on Saturday night, boyfriend and I were left with no plans. I got a hold of a couple of friends, we packed a bag, and hopped in the car to leave the province. We had to make a couple of stops along the way, but arrived at my friends' house shortly after 8pm.
That, by far, was one of the most spontaneous things we have ever done.
We hopped in the car and took a two hour trip, complete with bridge fee (almost $45), gas, food. We didn't think much about it, we just did it. Because we had no expectations at all, it was an amazing time. We went out for appetizers and drinks with my friends, watched a movie, and slept over.
Nothing quite compared to the sleep you have when you know a baby won't be waking you up through the night. We slept for less hours than we usually do, but woke up feeling so much more well rested.
The next day we hung out for a little bit then went to the mall. We didn't buy anything exciting, but it was nice to browse around together.
I had so much fun.
We got groceries then got our girls home and life went back to normal.
Boyfriend said he was glad we made the trip, since I've seemed so much more, uh, affectionate since we got home. Yeah it might be true. It feels like all is right with the relationship again and we finally spent some real time together. It was so nice.
The topic of my blog came up over the weekend, since the friend I was visiting reads it. I told boyfriend the only reason I don't go out of my way to give him my blog link is because all I do is bad-mouth him on here.
So whatever you do, don't tell him about this post. Cause I actually quite like him.
![]() |
| <3 |
![]() |
| We are not photogenic |
![]() |
| Ash and me |
![]() |
| My favorite married couple |
![]() |
| Mmm mmm Arby's. |
And I don't know any details yet, but finally my friend had her baby - the first of my close friends to have a baby. It's about time someone joins me in motherhood. This is baby Emma and her mommy. I can't believe my friend has a baby. It's so exciting. I'm just sad that she lives on the other end of the country so I won't be meeting this little one until July. I cannot wait.
And?
As soon as I find out how big or small she really is, let the shopping begin.
Screw Meal Plan Monday today. Other things are more important. I'll meal plan tomorrow.






2 comments:
sounds like a great little getaway! it's so nice to have alone time with your partner...we have only had two baby-free nights since our son was born 15+ months ago and the sleep both times was AMAZING!!
Oh I'm so glad you were able to get away for the weekend. That must have been such a refresher!! Yay for babies, they are so much fun!!
Post a Comment