Yesterday we woke up to a bit of a storm. Still, we got the girls ready and I tried to take them to daycare. We almost immediately went back home as soon as we hit the highway. It wasn't fit to drive. It cleared up around lunch, but by then I'd already let the daycare know the girls wouldn't be in so we just stayed home.
So it was a snow day, and since I wasn't at work I missed out on doing I'm Wondering Wednesday. But I'm sure no one really cares about that.
Boyfriend left for work shortly after lunch, and Chloe for a couple of hours, Madi for one hour, so the day wasn't too bad.
We had some meals, some snacks. I baked some blueberry rice muffins for Madi. We built a fort, read a book and watched some tv. The girls played together really well for the majority of the day. Very few fights and violence.
I hung out alone with Madi for awhile after her nap, before Chloe woke up from hers. She refused to nap when her father tried to put her to bed, but fell asleep on her couch shortly after he left for work. She barely moved when I carried her upstairs to her bed.
Overall, I'm sad that I missed out on a day's pay, but it was a pretty decent day. Toddlers can be a lot of fun.



1 comment:
Sounds like a decent day. :) I bet the girls really had fun being able to spend the day with you.
Post a Comment