Friday was my birthday.
It was nothing too crazy.
Maybe I should rewind to Thursday. Thursday was a bunch more exciting.
On Thursday I went out and got myself a huge birthday present - a huge bank loan.
My amazing 2010 Kia Forte. For someone who only owned a 2001 hand-me-down Chevy Cavalier, this is big news. It's all power windows, mirrors, keyless entry, and it hooks up with my phone by Bluetooth, so I can basically use my phone over the radio in my car. The radio even displays the caller ID. I am in love.
So this was Thursday, then Friday was my birthday.
Chloe wasn't feeling well in the morning. I blame teething. I drugged her up and put her to bed to wait it out and she woke up super happy. I shipped her off to daycare and made it to work a bit before lunch.
I worked all day, then had dinner with my boy, then met up with my mother and her boyfriend and a close friend and we all had a couple of drinks and went out to a pub. It was pretty low-key.
Maybe I'm growing up, because spending the afternoon shopping with boyfriend was probably my favorite part of the weekend.
Scratch that. The nap I had Sunday morning was probably my favorite part of the weekend.
I'm terrified for my financial future, but super excited about the car. Things are finally coming together.
Next up? Apartment hunting.

5 comments:
Sounds like a great new car! I love the bluetooth connectivity to your phone. How great is that?! Enjoy!
Oh, and happy birthday. :)
Oh yes! I am so happy for you! Congrats. You seem incredibly responsible, so I am confident your financial future is secure.
Haaaapppy belated Venessa!
Yay!! New cars are so exciting!! Such a nice birthday present. ;)
Happy Birthday! And congrats on the car!
Post a Comment