Thursday, October 25, 2012

Early Morning Wake Up Cry



I hear crying in the other room, shortly after 6am.

I want to roll my eyes a little, because the alarm won't go off for almost an hour. Everyone could use the sleep.

I get my little girl from her crib and take her with me to grab a fresh bottle. I try to get her to settle down in bed with it, but she isn't having it.

I finally accept the fact that we're starting our day a little early.

I take the bottle (and the little girl) to the living room for a quick diaper change. It was a 45 second procedure, but as usual she acts like I had her laying on pins and needles and fights and cries to get away.

When that's finished, she morphs back into happy baby and babbles a few words at me.

I hand her back her bottle, which she takes willingly, sucking on the nipple but never lifting it high enough to get the milk.

I throw some pillows on the floor, lay down, and pull her down with me. She rests her head on my shoulder and bends her knees to pull them closer to her chest. She stays with me the whole time she's drinking her bottle, never once trying to get away.

I kiss her on the head a million times, look down at her pretty blue eyes to see her watching me, just content.

It's my absolute favorite part of the day. The week, even.

And to think, at first I didn't want to get up.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Awww, how sweet! I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes my kiddos get me up and I just want to dive back into bed but I wouldn't trade that cuddle time for anything.

Baby Sister said...

Awww. That's so cute. :)

Irish Italian Blessings said...

I SO know that feeling! It makes it all worth it.

booooo said...

Ivory does that. She twists and turns and tries to wriggle away. I always give her a wipe to play with because that usually distracts her long enough for me to do what I have to and by the time she becomes disinterested with the wipe I'm smacking her bottom playfully, telling her I'm finished.

Ivory likes to tip her bottle upside down because the milk comes out unlike the formula. *insert evil glare here*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...