This post is a tad bit late, but baby girl you are a year old. Crazy, I know.
Let's make this last update a quick one. Hopefully.
Weight: 17lbs oz. Again. You didn't gain any weight. Fail.
Length: I still haven't measured. Fail again.
Diapers: Still size 3.
Feeding: My God you're out to kill me with this eating thing. You eat great for a day, then spend two weeks eating horribly to make up for it. Since starting daycare on October 1st, they've been telling me you eat their food great. Good for you, but I don't believe it. You favorite things these days are bottled sweet potatoes, yogurt, bread, and cereal bars. And rice. You'll eat rice sometimes when I mix it with your baby food. Progress. Slow, slow progress. I guess that's why they call it baby steps.
Sleep: Ugh, don't get me started.
Some nights/super early mornings I actually have to let you 'cry it out'. I haven't had to make you do that in so long, but you've become spoiled. So I've stopped letting you get up every time you cry. It works sometimes. Some nights you sleep right through the night, but a few times lately you want to start our day at 6am. That's not cool. You take two naps at daycare usually. I've only been giving you one because you never seem to take two for me. Daycare seems like it works miracles.
Talking: You don't say any new words, but you like to make a lot more noise lately. You say 'dada' a ton, but you still don't know what it means.
Teeth: Besides the 8 you had when I did your last update, you've got a huge one making it's way in a little further back on the top. It made you pretty sick the week I started work and you were at Granny's. It doesn't seem to bother you now, but it still hasn't broken through.
Mobility: I swear this walker is what's going to teach you to walk on your own. You walk like a champ with it, and even manage to move it around when you get stuck in corners. You're a pro. And finally, you've started standing up by yourself without pulling yourself up. You do it all the time now. Last week (the 12th), you even did it and stayed standing for about 20 seconds before you lowered yourself down. You'll soon be my little walker. Then I'm in trouble. You've also learned how to climb on the coffee table, but you only did that once so far.
Personality: You're little miss personality. You have a new 'happy face' where you open your mouth wide as if you're surprised.
You babble up a storm. You've learned how to wipe your doll's runny nose. Last week you also learned how to be silly by closing your eyes really tight. It's a game we play now. It makes us both laugh so much.
So overall, you're such a funny girl. You whine like nothing I've ever seen, and your terrible to feed, but you make up for it by being so silly. You light up my life, little princess.

2 comments:
Oh I remember those days!!! Chloe is PRECIOUS!!!! :)
I can't believe she's 1!! She's so adorable!!
Post a Comment