Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chloe Smashes a Cake

It's no secret that my child is a little odd. She hates to eat. She hates the beach

And now...

She hates cake. 

She had her cake smash photo session the week after her birthday. The cake was a cute little Elmo cake. She wore her colorful circus tutu. The pictures were going to be adorable. 

I half counted on this being her reaction, but still hoped we'd get some good shots. 

Like this one...


This is a good shot. I think it's the only one where she looks happy. And that's because she hasn't touched cake yet. 

It took a lot of coaxing to even get her to touch the cake a little bit. As usual, my daughter feels uneasy around things such as cake, but is super brave when it comes to barking dogs or trying to jump off the back of the couch.



Her next reaction after 'Wtf is this' was 'Okay, I touched it. I'm done now.'

I had to keep picking her up, holding her messy hands far away from me, and putting her back near the cake. She'd barely touch it. I smeared some on her face. Again, she was like 'wtf, Mom.' But at least she half smiled. 



Finally, she was had her fill of this cake and icing business and wanted out. I peeled the dirty tutu off her, hoping she'd be a little happier naked and at least take one or two more good shots. Maybe even show the photographer a real smile. 

Not a chance. She was so done. 


So done that she just wanted to cry. 

And all I can think about every time I look at this photo is that it looks like my daughter was feeling remorse after taking part in a brutal murder. Of Elmo. 

Cake smash was kind of a fail. At least we got a couple of pictures out of it. 

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Brutal murder of elmo LOL!

Such a dainty little girl you got there. I already know Hunter is going to go nuts over his cake and get it all over the place, the clean up process will be fun I'm sure.

Sean Marie said...

Hahahahahahaha...

"And all I can think about every time I look at this photo is that it looks like my daughter was feeling remorse after taking part in a brutal murder. Of Elmo."

Oh man, that just made my day! So funny. I just love that last picture. What a cute cake, doesn't look like she ate much of it though.

Baby Sister said...

Lol. Yes, the few pictures that you got were very cute!! And she's hilarious.

Unknown said...

At least you tried to give her a cake. :) Zeva is all hands on deck with EVERYTHING. I wonder what her 1st birthday is going to be like.

I can't wait to get another camera to enjoy taking more pictures (it's suppose to happen next month and I'm overly eager for it to happen.)

Great pictures by the way!

Jayme said...

I don't think it was a fail- it shows Chloe's personality!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...