This weekend was a special one. It marked two the the most important dates in January for us.
The first one was Saturday. January 19. It means exactly nine months until my birthday, but that's not at all important. It was that date one year ago that I said "what the hell" and went to meet boyfriend for the first time.
There was no love at first sight, no immediate attraction. It was more of a "He seems okay, a little weird. Maybe we could hang out again." Before I knew it, we were officially dating, and before he even said the words himself, I knew I was in love with him.
It's been one full year, and we have not had one. single. fight. yet.
We've had a few different moments where we were starting to get snappy at each other, and one of us said "I think we might have our first fight today." But nope, not yet.
To 'celebrate' our one year of dating, we had supper, a few drinks, and had a night out. Just us. Except we ran into a couple of his friends at a bar. It was a good time. I enjoyed the next night more.
Hangover day, January 20th, was Madi's second birthday, so we went to boyfriend's sister's house (an hour away) for a party. The girls were so good. Slept on the way there and back, and were happy girls throughout the whole party. One of boyfriend's older cousins even commented on how happy they are and how we must be doing something right.
![]() |
| Babies, on party day, January 20 |
Once we finally got the girls home and in bed, we had a quick supper of tacos then laid on the couch to watch some Raising Hope. As usual, he's so comfy that I started to fall asleep pretty quick, so I rolled over to get even more comfy and only woke up again when the episode was over. Best feeling in the world. Only to find out he slept through most of it too.
So we were officially laying in bed by 9:30. We are so old.

1 comment:
Happy 1 year!! That's so awesome!!
Post a Comment