Thursday, January 03, 2013

It's all about the midnight kiss

[ via ]
I've broken a lot of "rules" lately. My own personal rules to take pictures. I rarely forget, where the babies are concerned. Birthdays, holidays, funny faces, check! 

But when it comes to me and boyfriend? 

His birthday? Miss. Mine? Miss. Making it official? Miss. Our first New Year's Eve? Miss. 

Missing a photo opportunity for New Year's Eve makes me the saddest, because I was in a dress and he was in a tie and we looked pretty great. It  was also an amazing night. 

So maybe just this once it's okay to let the picture thing slide, because I was busy living life instead of documenting it. 

We went to a house party with his friends, and brought along one of mine. 

Drinks were had. There was middle of the winter outdoor hot tub time. There were a ton of laughs. 

And a horrible New Year's Eve countdown. 

"10... 9... 8... Oh, it's midnight."

But the midnight kiss? Nothing short of amazing. As was the rest of the night, and the next morning when we got to lay in bed for a couple of hours just talking. I think I fell in love with him all over again. But don't tell him that. He's already got a big enough ego. 

It's 2013. Expect me to get a little nostalgic over the next couple of days. 

4 comments:

MaricrisG said...

You're not alone. I completely forgot to take photos this new year too. We were so mesmerized watching the ball drop! LOL

Mama said...

So nice to read this! Love should continue to grow after babies!

Sadie Ussery said...

I often forget pictures when it's just me and my husband! Hope you have a wonderful new year! :) Found you on SITS today.
www.fortheirtenderhearts.com

Baby Sister said...

How sweet. :) Esposo had to work, so I didn't get my New Year's Eve kiss. Not cool. Come to think of it, I don't know that we've ever had that because of his work schedules. That better change soon!! I'm glad you found such an amazing guy. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...