This is our tree.
Ain't she pretttttttty?
No? I don't think so either. Although the picture gives it more credit than it deserves. It's got some huge gaps that no 'fluffing' could fix, ornaments that are plastic (toddler-friendly) and boring, and not much else. I want a better tree for next year.
Boyfriend and I almost finished our Christmas shopping yesterday, and that is the results. There are even presents in the far corner behind the tree. We have a ton of presents. A lot for the girls, some for me and him, and some for my family.
Last night we wrapped presents and listened to random music from the 90s and early 2000s. And Gangnam Style. And eventually went to a friend's place and played Monopoly. I won. It was a great time.
A few nights ago he told me he couldn't believe we've been together for almost a year already. And how happy he was with me. It kind of made me melt.
Saturday was his family's Christmas get-together. It was an evening thing, so even though we were definitely going, I was a little scared about how the girls would take it. The party started at 6, and bedtime is at 7.
Well, around 9:30pm Chloe was holding onto a chair dancing and Lil M was still running wild. Boyfriend's niece and cousins all loved the girls and were great babysitters to let us eat and play a couple of games. Overall, a good time with some nice people. His mother even took a photo of her and her grandkids in front of the Christmas tree and got Chloe to get in the picture.
We took a 'family' picture of our own, which of course has a million flaws, but the important part is, I look good.
That's always the important part.
But I can't share the photo today because I'm at work and the photo is not.
So, tell me about your weekend.

5 comments:
Wow that's a lot of presents! We're almost done shopping but I haven't thought about actually wrapping anything yet.
I think the tree looks great! Did you dance to Gangnam style too? Come on.... I KNOW you did! :)
You are so much more festive than me. I haven't bought a single gift yet and don't have a tree to put up.
Your tree looks nice, even if you don't think so! Also, your wall is super shiny.
Chloe and your bf's daughter (what's her name? not sure if you've ever mentioned it or not on here) are going to have fun!
I think your tree looks lovely!! You're so organised! I've most of our presents wrapped too... organisation is the way to have a relaxed Christmas huh? I also wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog! It was nice to have you visit.
Emma @ Outmumbered
Sounds like a fun weekend. :) I think your tree looks lovely!!
Post a Comment