Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Homemade Hot Chocolate & Chocolate Coffee

[ via ]

I've been addicted to half coffee, half hot chocolates lately. I love me some coffee, but the added sweetness of the hot chocolate makes me want to drink it all day. That may be a bad thing. 

Bad enough, because the $2ish I'm spending a day to buy them started adding up, so I started experimenting at home. Both with homemade hot chocolate, and homemade chocolate coffee. 

Lucky you, I'm going to share. 

Homemade Hot Chocolate

1 1/4 cups of milk (approx)
1 tsp cocoa (add more if you like it thicker)
1 tsp white sugar (same amount as cocoa)

Heat up the milk in a pot on medium heat. Once it's starting to boil a little, add the cocoa and sugar and stir. Add more or less cocoa and sugar until you figure out what works for you. More options: Add a drop or two of peppermint extract, throw some whipped cream on top, pour in a little bit of flavored coffee cream or a flavor shot. 

Homemade Chocolate Coffee

Coffee
Milk
1 tsp Cocoa
2 tsp Sugar

Make the coffee as desired. You can use instant if you'd like. Make enough to fill your cup approx 3/4 full. Stir in the sugar and cocoa (adjust amounts to meet your tastes), then fill the cup the rest of the way with milk. You can also add peppermint extract, whipped cream, or any kind of flavoring you like. 


Do you have any favorite hot drink recipes to share?

1 comment:

Baby Sister said...

I've never tried homemade hot chocolate. One of these days I'll have to try some. My mom makes wassail during the cold season. I don't know what recipe she uses, but it is super good!! I'll see if I can find it and share it with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...