Sometimes when I take a look around, it leaves me breathless for a moment.
I just can't wrap my head around how much life has changed in less than a year.
Take this apartment, for instance.
Almost a full year ago, I moved into this apartment, terrified about how I was going to make it on my own. I didn't know how I would get caught up on the bills by myself. I didn't know if I could survive alone with Chloe on so little sleep. I moved in here with the ugliest, free, dirty white couch and love seat that you could ever imagine. So gross, that my mother couldn't wait to buy me sheets to put over them.
Somehow, I got into my own routine with Chloe. I got caught up on the bills, and still had a decent Christmas. I upgraded my gross off-white couch, to a less gross, free blue couch and chair set.
I look around the room now, and I'm no longer watching tv on this baby:
This is my tv:
Except right now it's my bedroom tv. And there's always clothing and clutter in front of it. This photo was taken last night.
I don't sit on a dirty old couch set. I sit on a pretty couch set, and my apartment looks like adults live here, instead of young college students.
Yes, these might all be material things, but I look around at it all and it makes me so happy. I'm not struggling to get by. I have nice things. I'm officially an adult. I provide for my baby. I have a place that I'm not embarrassed to bring people to. I look around and I feel like I'm doing something right. I'm not a kid any more.
I'm a big girl now.
I'm so happy with how far I've come since last year.
Was there a moment in your life where you just looked around and felt so happy with how things have changed?

3 comments:
That is awesome. :) It's amazing what the course of a year will bring!! Yes, my life is a lot better now than it used to be for many reasons. I try to remind myself of that every day. It certainly makes the days a little better sometimes. :)
Ivory has a flower like that one but it's pink! She also has that same cube but with pink & brown drawers. Amazing how people with kids think alike.
But I love the red and black. I wanted that for my room.
I have been married to Aaron for 12 years (and was married before that for almost 5) and STILL sometimes feel like I am just a kid playing that I'm a grown up... playing house or something.
Post a Comment