Monday, June 04, 2012

The Words Were Finally Said

I had a wonderful weekend. Made even more wonderful when I heard similar words come out of boyfriend's mouth last night. 

I left baby girl with a new babysitter (hello nerves) Friday night while I went to work. The babysitter was late, a huge strike in my book, but her and Chloe seemed to get along really well. I had my sweater on, about to leave work, when boyfriend walked in. He was just getting off work too, even though he was supposed to be done two hours before. He was a little stressed so he asked to come over, then met me back home with food. We were quick to sleep that night, and off he went to work again in the morning. In the same clothes. Kind of like a less dirty walk of shame. 

I did a couple of groceries during the day since we had supper plans that night. He made burgers while I made potatoes and we both tried to get baby girl to sleep. She wasn't having it, so she had late supper with us before I finally got her to bed. Boyfriend fell asleep on the couch on me, so we had another night of just tv and sleep. 

On Sunday baby girl went to her father's. I stopped by boyfriend's place on my way home to relax for a few minutes before I went into cleaning mode. His 17 month old daughter was there and blew me a kiss when I was leaving. I cleaned the apartment and rearranged furniture like it was nobody's business. 

When boyfriend dropped off his girl, he came to my place, and we picked up Chloe. She went to bed easily (for once) so boyfriend cooked some store bought cookie dough and we ate cookies and chips while we watched Dexter. It was a nice night, where both of us were in good moods and feeling playful. Sometimes it's so nice to just be with him. 

We eventually went to bed, and sometime in the dark, in the wee Monday morning hours he told me he thinks he's falling in love with me. I told him I thought so, too. 

It was a lie. 

I know I am. I've felt that way for awhile now. 

Since I have no other photos yet of boyfriend and I,
here's one instead of my cutie's new favorite sleeping position

4 comments:

Irish Italian Blessings said...

Aww love that you're living your love story and seriously, the pic of Chloe is hillarious!

Pinkim said...

I love this post...I held my breath when you said it was a lie...:)

Lesley Forbes said...

This blog post just made me smile :-). Good luck, hun. I look forward to reading more happy posts like this! (Visiting from the SITS Girls http://lesley-justsaying.blogspot.com)

Baby Sister said...

How sweet. The first time that phrase is said is always so magical... I'm glad you're happy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...