![]() |
| [ via ] |
We had our first... discussion?
Boyfriend stopped by on his way to work to drop something off that I left at his place. We were just talking for a few minutes about his friend probably moving out of town to go back home and such.
And he's said it a million times, so this isn't new to me, but it felt different.
He'd rather live where he's from, an hour away. When we first met, his ex was thinking of moving there because of the cheaper rent. He only moved here for his daughter, so obviously if his ex and daughter moved, he would follow. He told me that the first week we met, and although I felt no real attachment for him then, the words affected me a tiny bit. I didn't want to get to know him if he was going to leave.
Obviously he didn't leave, I got to know him, fell for him. He mentioned how much he'd like to move a time or two since then, and while I didn't say anything then, once he had me pretty upset because of how seriously he was considering it. I lucked out, because in April he found a new apartment, moved there, and finally seems a bit happier about living in town. I'm finally not scared of him leaving.
But that doesn't change what he said. Just another situation where he's too honest for his own good.
He said that if he didn't have his daughter he would move back there, visit me on weekends, days off and such. This idea, this whole discussion was hypothetical, because he has his daughter and she's not going anywhere, so he's stuck here. And then he left to go to work, literally seconds later, before I had a chance to even react.
Almost 5 months into our relationship shouldn't I at least mean enough that even in a hypothetical sense he'd at least give me a second thought before moving away? It bugged me. A lot. And I knew it would bug me all day if I didn't say anything, so before he got to work I sent him a text, saying how comforting it was to know that he'd move away in a heartbeat if given the chance. He explained that he used to feel that way, and sometimes in a lot of ways he still does, but he wouldn't want to give me up and I am his second reason for wanting to stay in town. And he apologized, and was great about it. And told me he's been thinking a lot about us living together someday. And it did make me feel better.
But at the same time, every time I start to feel secure and think things couldn't get any better, there always has to be these little steps backwards. Then I start questioning his feelings and start wondering if I'm kind of alone in this.
And I hate it. Cause I've never felt like this about anyone before.

6 comments:
I think it says a lot about who he is as a man that he wants to be near his daughter, and he should be near her. there are so many men that don't care about where their kids are.
Sorry you have to even wonder about it! If I were on your shoes I would probably feel the same way!
I don't think he's too honest for his own good. I think that honesty is something you will really want and eventually appreciate. I think it's better for him to let you know what he is thinking rather than just keeping it in. Don't look at him wanting to move as a reflection on you. Look at it as a desire in his heart to move back to where he is from. There are some people like me who always long to move someplace different or far away. And then there are ppl more like him probably who enjoy the comfort of where they are from! I don't know if that helps! But I hope you feel more secure in you and your relationship.
Found you on SITS!
fortheirtenderhearts.com
Oh man relationships are just never easy!!! I'm glad you feel comfortable enough even having these difficult conversations, that says a lot right there!
honesty is a good thing... it may be hard to hear that he doesn't like the town that you both reside in..
it just means back to where he wants to go meant a lot to him and he has fond memories there.
Keep talking, and working it out... clear communication and understanding of one another is what makes a relationship work.. stopping by from SITS =)
I felt like that with Boyfriend a lot too. I don't even remember when it changed. But he obviously cares about you, so just concentrate on that and go with the flow.
Post a Comment