Wedding planning is so hard.
I never had a dream wedding growing up, like some girls do. I went into this not knowing what I wanted at all. I knew I wanted something small. That's about it.
Once I tentatively booked a hotel for my reception and dance, I realized I cared more than I thought. It didn't feel right. I went back and forth over it for a week or two, before finally cancelling the hold on that hotel at the beginning of this week.
That was kind of huge for me, because this hotel was affordable. It was convenient. It just didn't feel like us.
Our wedding song? We chose that already. It's a song I liked a long time ago. Google tells me it was released in 1992. It was mentioned on a local wedding group on Facebook by one girl who had it as her song. I looked it up on YouTube a few days later and I felt something. I showed Eric a few days later. He didn't say much during the song, and we got distracted before anything was said afterwards. It was only a week or two after that when the song came on and he called it our wedding song. And that was it.
I found a spot for a wedding that I really liked before I ever booked the hotel. I requested information but didn't get a response so I forgot about it for a bit, but my mind kept going back to that place. When I cancelled the hotel, I called this new place, and when I didn't hear back 48 hours later, I sent an email. I finally heard back today.
The price is great for what's included, which is the hall, bar, and a lot of accommodations. But in reality, it's more than we can afford. We haven't ruled it out, and we haven't actually sat down to talk about how much it will really cost. We're going to take a look at it Monday evening, and I'm half hoping that we don't like it as much, so it will encourage me to find something cheaper.
I really don't want to love this place.
Isn't it gorgeous though?

2 comments:
So....what IS the song? The place looks beautiful. I hope you can make it work somehow.
Wedding planning seems so overwhelming. I've been married twice and never had a wedding LOL
Post a Comment