Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Working on Getting Better

What would make me happy? 

That's something I can't even answer for myself anymore. 

It started as a simple question. I sold $25 in baby clothes last weekend, and I said if I made $30 I would buy the girls each a new fall coat from Wal-Mart. They have cute ones for $15 each. I usually just buy used. But then I realized, all I do is spend money on the girls. They both already have decent second-hand coats. I should spend the money on me. But what would make me happy? What could I spend money on for me? 

I wouldn't think of much of anything. 

Once upon a time I would spend it on craft supplies, but I don't really do that anymore. I could spend it on clothes, but I have a ton of clothes anyway. Same goes for shoes. Make-up and toiletries I could just work into our budget. Something for the house? I couldn't think of anything. DVDs or tv shows? I couldn't think of anything. 

What happened to the girl who used to love shopping for anything? Am I even losing that part of my personality? I feel like bit-by-bit whatever is going on in my head is wiping out all parts of me. I'm not the same person anymore. I starting to barely feel like a person at all. 

Money can't buy happiness, but what happened to the thrill of buying something new? I want that back. 

In the larger sense, a friend asked me just a few days ago what would make me happy. What would need to  change for me to be happier? To be less stressed? 

Some of those are a little more clear, but some are near impossible. 

- I want to feel nauseous less often. 
- I want Madi to be able to spend the night with her mother more often (more often than never), so when Chloe's gone we can sleep past 6:30am.
- I want a nicer place to live, with a nicer backyard.
- I want to walk into our bedrooms and have a good feeling. 
- I want someone to talk to who doesn't always need to talk about their same one problem over and over. 
- I want to be able to drink caffeine when I want without consequences. 
- I want to have and enjoy hobbies again. 
- I want to enjoy time with my daughter more often than a day or two every other weekend. 
- I want a day every now and then that doesn't revolve around sippy cups and crackers. 
- I want to get out of the house with people who aren't my immediate family. 
- I want to enjoy eating again. 
- I want to feel hopeful about my future. 
- I want to be able to leave for a weekend I want, without worrying about Eric finding a way to get Madi back and forth to her Mom's 4 times since she can't spend the night. 
- I want a stable job when this one is over in October. 
- I want to feel less guilt over my children. 
- I want to enjoy blogging like I used to. 

It's time to start getting better. 

2 comments:

The Lady Okie said...

I'm sorry you've been feeling down lately. Maybe instead of focusing on all the things you'd like to change, just pick one and do that. Take it one step at a time :) We all have those moments, so you're not alone!

Baby Sister said...

Sounds like you're at a good start, figuring out things you want to fix. I hope that will help!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...