Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The days leading up to the wedding

I went back to my hometown this past weekend to be a bridesmaid in one of my oldest friend's wedding. While I don't want to bore you with all the lame details, I do want to document it for myself so here goes. 


Wednesday, July 18
I hitched a ride back to my hometown area to spend time with a friend who's home on vacation from the other side of the country. Me and baby girl stayed with them for two nights. The first night we met up with some old friends that I hadn't seen in forever for dinner. It was like we were together yesterday. The same old jokes, making fun, and non-stop laughing. Always a good time with this bunch. Chloe was happy as can be the whole night, and even stayed up past 10 when we got back, because she was enjoying all the attention. 

Chloe at the restaurant. Turns out the girl loves lemons

Thursday, July 19
I had an early hair appointment that my friend was nice enough to drive me to, and watch the baby for me. In the afternoon we took an amazing nap together while Chloe napped, then the wedding rehearsal was that evening. The church rehearsal went smoothly enough, and the party afterwards was a good time. We left a little early when Chloe decided she was ready for bed. Me and the friend were in bed almost as soon as Chloe was. Oh, how we love sleep. 

Chloe and my friend C
Chloe, letting us know it was bedtime
Baby girl and my friend S., who is her new best friend since he lets her play with his iPhone


Friday, July 20
I woke up to find a text from boyfriend, mentioning a surprise. The surprise was, he was already at my mom's to surprise me, but I ended up sleeping at my friend's place an hour away. Still, I was happy that he made it up so early. He met me, then took me to drop Chloe back off at my Mom's, then we ate and checked in to our hotel room. We were so excited to find out we had a fridge. 

For some reason, I felt so restless like we needed to do something because it was vacation. We tried to visit a friend of mine, who ended up having to leave before we got there. We tried to stop by the BBQ my engaged friend was having, but she was gone when we got there. Eventually we just went back to the room and killed an hour playing around in the pool and hot tub at the hotel. 

We hung out in our  fancy hotel bathrobes and relaxed until bedtime. Maybe not the most exciting night, but almost my favorite part of the whole week. Of course, I would forget to take any pictures that day. I always used to take pictures of any hotel room I stayed in. I fail. 


I'll recap Saturday and Sunday tomorrow, since Saturday was wedding day and there will be lots of pictures : )

3 comments:

AiringMyLaundry said...

Awesome.

Mm, lemons are good!

Sarah B. said...

I love hanging out at hotels! And I love the pictures of Chloe :)

Baby Sister said...

I can not imagine sucking on lemons. But then again, I ate butter plain as a kid....so I guess our tastes change.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...