Monday, July 16, 2012

Time to take that next step and merge families


Way back in May, boyfriend and I first started toying with the idea of living together. At the time, it seemed like such a distant idea, but as we spent more time together and got closer, there started to be more conversations about 'if we ever live together'. 

After both of us taking a look at our own finances, we finally had a real talk about it happening sooner rather than later. Then we discussed a potential time frame for when he could officially move into my place. We still had 'if' conversations for another day before he officially asked me if we could stop saying 'if', and I said yes.  It won't be for at least a month, but we're going to be living together. 

I know it will be really challenging at times. I'm not just moving in a boyfriend, I'm also moving in part-time 18 month old. New routines will have to be figured out. Night times will probably be harder, the apartment will be messier. Our parenting styles are very different. I like to be a little more in control when it comes to my daughter, where he's much more carefree with his. I want to teach my daughter not to touch things she shouldn't, where he has a hard time saying no. 

Yeah, it will be a pretty big adjustment for everyone, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives by a ton. 

It will be easier to spend time together. It will help us both out a lot financially. Neither of us will be 'stuck home' with a baby in bed if for some reason one of us needs to go out. We can be each other's occasional babysitter. He already said that he would keep my daughter with him on days that I worked and he didn't, which is amazing. 

I'm tired of missing him when he's gone, and not knowing which day I'll get to see him next. I really have a good feeling about this. 

2 comments:

a. said...

Big step, good for you guys! Warn him I will still be visiting and stayong with yas :P

Baby Sister said...

That's exciting!! And a little bit scary, I'm sure. I hope it all turns out well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...