Friday, July 06, 2012

My darling girl is 9 months old

My princess is 9 months old as of June 25th. I've said it a million times, but it's crazy how fast time is flying by. Three months from now I will be back to work full-time. I didn't know a full year could go by so fast. 

I haven't done a baby update on this blog yet, but it's a great time to start. First off, the stats:


Weight: 15lbs 7oz (as of July 3)

Length: 28.5 inches

Diapers: Still size 2s, but they don't have a whole lot of extra room. You wore your first size 3 diaper on July 5th, but will still finish off more size 2s before the official switch. 


Feeding: You are a nightmare to feed solids, and I mean that in the most loving way possible. Some days you open your mouth for every bite, but most of the time I have to fight for you to take any bites at all. Some days you physically fight me away from you at feeding time, sometimes you cry, and sometimes you gag. I try to get as much food into you as possible, but you make it very hard. I'd like to list your likes and dislikes, but one minute you're fine with something and the next day you gag over it. I can't keep it straight. You usually love your cereal, but sometimes you won't even eat that. 

You love your puff treats. You finally figured out how to pick them up with your finger and thumb instead of in your fist. You love drinking from a big girl cup, but I always forget to do it with you. 


Sleep: As of July 5th, you slept through the night for three nights in a row (the last night you woke up at 5:30 for a bottle then went back down, but I still count it). It's been lovely, but it means our mornings sometimes start earlier (6:30-7, where it used to be 8-9). You're still on two naps a day, one morning and one afternoon, usually a bit more than an hour each. You still cry a lot almost every time I put you to sleep. It's a nice treat those few times that you do go to bed without a fuss.

Talking: You babble, you make word sounds, you growl, you squeal. You're pretty vocal at times. Other times you're so silent. Growling still seems to be your favorite. 



Moving: June 5th you took you first crawling 'step' at boyfriend's place. He told me you would crawl for the first time that day, and was the one who put you down on your hands and knees, expecting you to make the move and you did. It didn't take long for you to really get going, and now you follow me everywhere I go. You can pull yourself up onto things, but just up to your knees. Soon you'll be standing. I just wish you'd stop falling on your head. 

Social: You're still a big flirt - most of the time. Strangers still scare you sometimes, and lately you've started to get terrified when another child cried near you - mostly boyfriend's daughter, but even your 4-year old cousin crying made you cry. Maybe it's compassion, but most likely you're just a wimp :p


Teeth: Still just the two.

Misc: Now that you're crawling, you're getting into things. I've been able to teach you not to touch the dvds just by saying no. You haven't pulled them off the shelf in quite awhile now. I'm trying to teach you not to touch other things, but at the same time I don't want to always be telling you no. I'm already trying to pick my battles. 

You got your first pool on July 3rd. You didn't hate it, but weren't overly excited by it. You played for a bit but then wanted to crawl out. You seem to like the tub better, probably because it has more moving room. The water temperature in the pool was warm enough. 

I'm scared of month 10. You're just growing way too fast. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...