This Mommy stuff has its rough moments.
Like today, for instance, when I got a tooth pulled, then had to go home to a really cranky daughter, along with having my own gum pains. I'm pretty sure it may still be her ears keeping her a little cranky, or maybe we were both having 'teething pain' together. Who knows, either way, being half frozen and half in pain is not fun to deal with when trying to food a baby who doesn't want to be fed.
Or even like last night, which was more of a 'daddy moment'. I was visiting boyfriend and his daughter had a rough night where she woke up several time between when he put her to bed and when we went to bed. Our movie ended up taking about three hours to watch, after all the pausing. He kept apologizing like I didn't deal with the same thing from time to time.
Still, she got us to bed late, and got us up bright and early, and even made a bit of noise in the middle of the night, just for long enough to wake me up. I'm not complaining though. She's a pretty adorable kid, and she'll cuddle with me more than my own baby. Sometimes it still scares me a little that I might be getting a tiny bit attached to someone else's baby, but I'd rather not think about what happens if someday down the road it doesn't work out between me and him.
Our weekend was good, though.
Mother was nice enough to watch the baby for the night Saturday and boyfriend came to town to meet me. We went to a party with his sister and some of their friends. It was at a huge empty house that some girl had just started renting. Four bedrooms, all completely empty but one.
All pretty nice people. There's something so much fun about having a few drinks and getting to know all sorts of random people. And maybe fooling around with drunk boyfriend in a huge closet.
Either way, it was a great time. Night like that are the perfect balance for all the other nights spent with my gorgeous girl, just sitting around the apartment. Not that I'm complaining about that either.
1 comment:
It's amazing to me how unselfish parents have to be, like taking care of their child when they don't feel up to par themselves. It just makes me so grateful for my parents.
Post a Comment