Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The idea of 'taking things to another level'.

"A Life of Our Own" is a name a chose thinking of how it's finally me and my daughter by ourselves, starting a life on our own. Technically speaking, I wasn't even completely "alone" when I created this blog, as I'd already been dating boyfriend for a little while. But I still think of it as me and Chloe and our new adventure together. 

I like that he enjoys being a part of our little world. It's very early on, but I'd like to think that sooner rather than later he will have his own role in this 'life of our own'. 

This isn't the first time the idea of living together has been brought it - the first time was about a month and a half ago. Today was the first time it was discussed in a bit more detail. It feels right to be discussing it as something that may happen in the future. At this point there have been no signs whatsoever that this would be a bad idea, but at the same time a lot more thought will go into the idea before it ever happens. This time around there are not one, but two children that will be involved. 

But if I judge him just on these past four months we've spent together, he will be a great "roommate" and male role model for my baby girl. He told me if I ever had no money, he would never let my daughter go hungry. He's not scared to play with her, to hold her occasionally. He puts his own daughter first - no matter what. While he has his financial flaws (impulse iPhone shopping, anyone?), his daughter and his bills come first. 

And I think of the fun things - like my daughter growing up with his. Tucking in two little girls at night. Tea parties, movie nights, going to the park. Bunk beds. Hair pulling. All the joys of having some kind of dysfunctional family. (And if we ever had a child together we could have our own story of yours, mine and ours.)

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here, and while moving in together may be somewhere in my semi-near future, marriage and family definitely is not and I'm not fooling myself and having great expectations. I'm just thinking of how it could possibly be someday. So far, he is the perfect kind of guy to think about having these things with. 

I'm in no rush to make living together into a reality, I'm a little scared actually, but it sure is fun to think about. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

There's no problem with say dreaming about your future. Kyle and I did it for quite some time and now I'm happier than ever.

Baby Sister said...

He sounds like a great guy. I think it's the mulling it over that helps you get to the point where it could actually happen. At least that's how it worked for me with Boyfriend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...