It's kind of funny that my last post was my birth story, because yesterday I went to visit the first newborn baby I've seen since my own daughter. It was my sister's friend's baby girl, named Hannah. She is a little over 8lbs but feels so much lighter. And I know light babies, since mine was only 5lbs 12oz. She has a bunch of hair and if I didn't have my own baby, I would've had bad baby fever after holding her.
There's just something so amazing about a cuddly little newborn baby. Especially when my own baby is anything but cuddly any more. She's mommy's big girl and she'd rather be independent than cuddle with her mother.
I had my first real parenting scare last night.
We had baby girl up late after visiting baby Hannah, so she only got to bed around 10:45pm. She went to bed and fell asleep without a problem. We spend the night at Mom's place. I went to bed not too long after her, but she woke me up crying shortly after midnight. I scrambled to find the light, not used to sharing a room with Chloe, and especially not a pitch-dark room. It took me a few seconds to even remember where I was before I could grab my phone for light and grab her out of bed.
She kept crying, even though she rarely full-out cries at all. I took her out of the room and Mom came over, thinking she somehow woke her up. But baby girl just kept crying and crying, and it wasn't her usual cry. After about 20 minutes of non-stop crying, we decided to take her to the ER, just in case. It was only a couple of minutes away.
She continued crying the whole way to the hospital, then cried for the first 15 minutes we were there before she would start taking little breaks between crying. They got us in pretty quick, weighed her, checked her over. The only thing they could find was that her ears were a little red. By this time she had mostly given up on crying, so they gave her drops, Advil and we went home.
She went back to bed without a fight, as she was exhausted and it was almost 2am. She was fine this morning, just a little cranky, and is now just finishing up an almost 3 hour nap. Little girl was tired.
I'm glad it was nothing serious, but I don't look forward to my next baby scare at all.
Are you able to stay calm during situations like this? Or are you someone like me who gets a little shaky and wants to cry?
Are you able to stay calm during situations like this? Or are you someone like me who gets a little shaky and wants to cry?
1 comment:
That's scary. I don't know, I'm not so good at the crying baby part. That might shake me up a little bit.
Post a Comment