It's the first day of my second week at my new job. I'd say I'm settled in well. It helps a lot that I've worked in two of the hotels within the company. It's still a little weird to me that all I do now is answer phone calls, but better than my last job.
Chloe's been pulled out of daycare due to my slightly later hours, and is now in home care. The person watching her is someone who's babysat her before, and she seems to really like it there.
I recently got my taxes back, and the tax Gods were smiling down on me. For the last time, since next year Eric and I will be common law so we won't get near as much back.
But we've made some large payments towards our credit cards. Before the taxes, we booked and paid for our wedding venue. With our taxes, I booked and fully paid our officiant. I plan on writing a nice cheque for our photographer as well, as they are by far our biggest wedding-related bill. One thing I said I would never skimp on was the photography at my wedding, and as big as the bill is, this is one of the cheapest local photographers, but they also take some of the best pictures. Win win.
I also may have bought a Keurig (on clearance, score!) with my taxes, and of course a few things for Miss Chloe.
Next up will probably be the wedding rings. After that I'll slowly start gathering decor and everything else we need. I'm still trying to think up a ceremony spot. Using the hall that our reception will be at is my last resort.
I just need to hurry up and narrow down what I want to do with colors. Colors are hard.
Otherwise, not much else is going on around these parts.
1 comment:
Yay for taxes!! We got a decent amount back too, so I'm happy with that. I'm glad you're not skimping on the photographer, that one is SO important!! Good luck with colors, I'm sure it'll look great.
Post a Comment