Wedding planning is not my friend. It really isn't.
I don't really know what I want in terms of colors or décor.
I've picked my venue, but I keep having doubts. I can't think of an alternative spot to have the wedding, and this place is gorgeous and we got a great deal. But I still have doubts about it.
And I have doubts about our budget. I'm not sure we can afford this wedding, even with the great deal we're getting. Even if we switched to a cheaper location, what we'd save in money we would lose in quality and decorations.
I finally picked my wedding party, and I feel good about that. I only wanted 4 people to stand with us on each side, 8 total, but we've ended up with five. Just couldn't think of anyone to cut.
I'm waiting to see how our tax return goes before I start making any payments, just in case we can't swing it. It's a sad way to live.
5 comments:
:( Sad. I hope the money issue all works out for you....
We did our whole wedding in a castle for a weekend, with 35 guests for £5000. Weddings don't have to be expensive, but that was Ireland so maybe it's different. We didn't have many flowers because they cost so much... we used other decorations (handmade)...we also bought the wine for with dinner, we let everyone sort the rest of the drinks themselves. Why not ask for bits of the wedding as wedding presents? My mother in law paid for our cake and my dad paid for the wine with dinner. Is that an option?
Please don't stress about it. Some things are unimportant... so long as you have a stunning dress and your handsome hubby to be, your wedding will be lovely.
We eloped, didn't even have a witness. Financially, it was the way to go, but I regret not having photos of the day.
Weddings are so expensive :( But I'm sure it will be great! Just decide what's important to you and don't worry about the rest. Soon it will all be over!
You remind me of me when it came to my wedding. I couldn't decide on simple things that some brides go ape shit over, like linen colors, or floral arrangements, and I didn't want to/couldn't spend a lot of money. It completely boggles my mind when people go over the top with decor and expensive extras, even if they can afford it, because that's SO not what a wedding is about. Your wedding is going to be amazing, you are going to be the most beautiful bride, no matter what venue you choose or dress you can afford.
Post a Comment