My current job ends tomorrow. I can't believe it's been over a year since I started the job. Covering someone's maternity leave. I knew the job was temporary. I had no idea quite the situation I would be in when it ended though. I always thought I'd be able to go back to my previous job. It's within the same company. I don't even know for sure if I can't go back to the old job, but it's Thursday, and I don't know the next time I'll be working. Again. I needed to know weeks ago.
I've applied to almost every job. And nothing. It's been about 4 years since I've had to rely on anyone but myself to pay my bills. This is where I'm going to be. Struggling to get by. Hoping the government will pay me unemployment benefits in the meantime. Hoping our savings doesn't run dry. Hoping a job that works for us somehow falls into my hands.
I can't take just anything. If it doesn't fall into certain hours, we'd need a private babysitter. The government helps us with daycare, but not a private sitter. After travel and babysitter costs, I'd be working for nothing. I need something that allows the kids to be with me or Eric as much as possible.
This is scary shit.
But the point of this post is, I blog from work mostly. I don't have much time for computers at home. So while I don't blog much, I might start blogging less. Unless I never get a job. Then I'll have plenty of time to blog.
3 comments:
I really hope everything works out!
How stressful! I think I've found at least one source of your anxiety...
But hopefully the perfect position will fall in your lap :)
I'm sorry!! I hope you find something soon!!
Post a Comment