Friday, April 11, 2014

Easter is Coming

I had a few bad days lately, and was feeling pretty crappy. Then that passed. I've been so happy these past few days. 

Chloe's been so cute and so smart. I love hanging out with that little kid. She's so random. 


After bath...
Chloe: The water all gone down the hole.
Me: Then where does it go?
Chloe: The pyramids.

You can thank Dora the Explorer for that one. 

She identifies a lot of letters of the alphabet. And all basic colors. I can have conversations with her. It's such fun. Eric's friend Matt was locked out yesterday so we went to pick him up. I asked Chloe if she wanted to go get her best friend Matt. She got so excited and wouldn't stop talking about her best friend Matt. Until we picked him up, then she got shy for awhile. 

Next weekend is Easter. One of my favorite holidays. I already bought a couple of toys and outfits. Just need to stock up on chocolate. That's something I am not able to do in advance. 

I have no family left in the area (except my sister), and Eric loses his job next week so we've planned a weekend away to visit my friends (who are like family) and hopefully some family. I couldn't be more excited to spend Easter with these people. 


And have I mentioned Eric loses his job? By no fault of his own, the place is just closing. It sucks big time. He had decent pay, hours we were used to, and benefits. I'm getting benefits set up through my job, but we still need him to be working as soon as possible. At least this gives him a chance to get a job closer to home, since his job is as far away as it gets without actually leaving town. 

And we also found out that since we're recently common law, we owe back some money to the government that they never bothered to mention when we changed our marital status. Luckily we have the money set aside so we can pay it. So long, half of our wedding fund. 

But I'm still happy. Despite those things, and other things that are trying to bring us down. I'm sure I'll get worked up about it someday soon :p

2 comments:

Baby Sister said...

That picture of her in the dress with the headband is so cute!! I'm sorry about Eric loosing his job, that sucks. Hopefully he can find something soon. And that doubly sucks about the money gone. Not cool. I hate when things like that happen.

BNM said...

I love that I can have conversations with my youngest now he always says the cutest things :D

Hope you have fun on Easter.

Hope your hubby finds a new job quickly too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...