Chloe is all words lately. You hear so much about the terrible twos but rarely to you hear about how amazing this time can be.
She plays make-believe like nobody's business. Some of her favorite make-believe games include making things pretending to sleep, whether it be her toys, or me and Eric. She says "Close eyes, go to sleep!" like the perfect little mother.
Yesterday she was playing with her Little People princesses and I was using a rubber dinosaur pretending to drink out of a dish. It soon turned into a game where I had to ask for more milk and I wasn't allowed to forget to say 'please', and she started responding with "Here you go, Honey."
And she knows the rules of playing, as she told Eric a few times just this morning "That's not how you play this!"
I started letting her help me cook a little. A few nights ago I let her help stir the Hamburger Helper sauce in with the milk and water, with no heat on of course. Her exact words were "Mmm soup. I love soup."
Yesterday when I changed her, I put her in a skort from her summer clothing stash since our place is usually really warm. She didn't like it at first, I guess because it's hard to open your legs really wide in a skirt. But then she discovered pockets. She pushed her hands in and said really excitedly "I love pockets!"
Yesterday she was looking at a picture of me, my mother and step-father from a few years ago. "That's my mommy." She said. "That's my Grannie. She's so happy." She paused and looked for a few seconds longer. "That's my Grannie. She's so happy to see me."
When we leave in the morning before Eric, she looks at him and says "You taking the bus?" Yes, he is.
Today she looked at him very seriously when we were dropping him off at work. "You go get Madi?"
When we read her favorite books and watch her favorite shows, she's great at knowing what comes next and verbalizing it. Today she said the word 'No' to the tune of 'Mary Had a Little Lamb'. I don't know if that's impressive at that age, but it was cute.
It's crazy how much she talks all of a sudden. I love it, and I want to remember all of it forever.



1 comment:
I love when they finally learn to start talking. It's so adorable!!
Post a Comment