Sunday, February 16, 2014

I bought a wedding dress

So I bought a wedding dress yesterday. It was a great price, a great dress. It was second-hand. Obviously I can't show anyone pictures, except the bridesmaids that helped me come to the conclusion that I must buy it. Eric's sister is the only person who's seen the actual dress, since she was visiting yesterday when it was still sitting on our bed. In the garment bag, of course. But she's also a bridesmaid. 

Eric and I just had this weekend off together. We wanted to sell some crap at the flea market but the weather crapped on that idea, so instead I'm blogging and he's playing a video game. 

So yesterday we bought that dress with money we'd been stashing away for months. Then we shopping around Michael's and they had a 40% off sale on certain fake flowers, plus a 25% coupon for sale items to I used that to buy some pink flowers to play around with later. Bouquets maybe. Either way, amazing deal. 

This past Wednesday we went to look at a wedding hall in the community where we used to live. It looks like it'll do the job, but we were only able to get in and see it while a seniors dance was starting, so it was awkward and we couldn't really look around. So I think we might go with it, but I wouldn't mind getting a second look. I still don't know where the kitchen or bathrooms are, and those are very important. We're leaning more towards this location because we want to have a BBQ/finger foods/potluck style reception. We're poor people. 

I just can't wait to book a venue so our date is locked in and I can finally start planning the other details. 

On another random note, I bought myself this book as an anniversary present to myself (how romantic, I know). I started writing one detail about my day, every day, starting January 1st, 2012. It's been going strong for two years and now they have a book for it! It's probably one of my favorite things that I own. I'm going back and filling in all the old stuff from 2012/2013 right now to get it up to date. It's really fun to look back on, and makes me feel less guilty that I don't keep a real journal anymore. 


We've been up to lots more, but mostly it's just work and toddler stuff so I'll save it for another day. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this journal idea! I'm off to buy it.

Baby Sister said...

Sad!! I want to see your dress. Oh well, I'm sure it's beautiful. My grandma kept a journal like that and now that she's gone it's been pretty neat to look back and see what she wrote. Very nice idea.
Good luck finding your venue!! Hopefully you'll find something soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...