Sunday, December 22, 2013

My best friend is a two year old


My best friend is a two year old. No lie. There's no one I have more fun with, who makes me laugh more, and makes her happier than my two year old. 

***

A couple of nights ago she was lounging on the couch, teenager-style, watching some Bubble Guppies. She was in a complete trance when I asked her if she wanted to come shopping. It's like that's all we do lately. But she hopped off the couch immediately and said "Yeah, shopping. I come too." And off we went. Such a trooper. Maybe she's just catching on that she ends up getting treats on 1/3 of our frequent shopping trips and that's why she's so happy and willing. But I think it's because she's my bff. 

***

I think she gets sarcasm. I called her my Chloe bear a couple of nights ago. So she called me her Mommy bear. The way she said it with that glint in her eye leads me to believe that she's teasing me with sarcasm, but who knows. 

***

She sleeps in a big girl bed now, full time. Eric and I converted her bed last Sunday and she's been going strong ever since. She is very proud of it, too. I'm glad she was never a climber. We switched her bed because she wanted to sleep in a big girl bed, not because we were scared she'd break her neck. Madi's been in a toddler since she was like 18 months because she was a climber. Strange how two children can be so polar opposite. 


***

I love what daycare does for my daughter. I'm not the biggest fan of Christmas music. There are only a few of the classics that I can stomach. Luckily, daycare managed to teach my daughter Jingle Bells and I had no idea until she belted it out like a star one random afternoon. 

Having a two year old is fun. I'm still waiting for the terrible twos *knock on wood* but so far she's just amazing. That's why I'm in no rush to have another child right now - I'm just drinking in every moment with Chloe right now and loving every minute of it. I'm glad I don't have to divide my attention. And my next child might not be as easy as Chloe is now. Chloe was a bit of a terror as an infant, but she makes up for it so much now. I'm scared of what another child might be like. I'm okay with waiting a bit longer to find out. 


1 comment:

Baby Sister said...

Sometimes 2 year olds are the best friends. I love kids. And she is adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...