I typically love shopping, especially when it's guilt-free and for someone else. But this year Christmas shopping is getting to me.
I've already searched all stores in town for one present for a friend, only to have it not in stock when on sale, or extremely expensive otherwise. After buying and returning two things, I ordered something online that I KNOW will probably come late.
I've already returned two things for Eric and bought something else to replace them.
I've unwrapped and returned two gifts that were under the tree, and now I'm considering doing it for a third.
I bought Chloe a Minnie Mouse dress up toy - a little plastic toy that comes with snap on dresses, shoes and bows and purses. It's adorable, and comes with a car. I bought her a smaller version of this toy (less accessories, no car) for Eric's family Christmas exchange. She likes it, but enough that her and Madi each need a Minnie? I wasn't too worried about it until I saw a bunch of Dora the Explorer toys on clearance at Target. There's this one Dora toy she plays with everytime we're at Target or Toys R Us. Now that it's really cheap, I'm wondering if I should switch Minnie for Dora. It's exhausting. I should just leave well enough alone.
We've over spent, and since overspending I have yet to look at our budget. I'm scared. I know we'll make rent and bills, but winter tires are on our list of things we need to buy this month and I know we've dipped into that money. I have all season tires, but I don't they don't feel me with much security when I'm driving. They do a lot of sliding and getting stuck. I need winter ones. They are so expensive.
So yeah, that's where I stand on Christmas shopping. I just can't wait for Christmas itself to get here so I dont have to worry about shopping and returning and wrapping gifts. I'm over it. I just want to see Chloe open her presents.
2 comments:
We've overspent and we still have more we need to buy. It also doesn't help that Hunters bday is 5 days after xmas and we're having a party for him on the 4th. This time of year is so expensive.
I went over budget too. But Hubby was under, so I guess it all worked out. :) We just had to buy snow tired too.....SO dang expensive!! Not cool.
Post a Comment