In Chloe's room, we normally have a child-proof lock on her door handle so she can't get out and roam the apartment in the middle of the night. Even though it's a tiny apartment, I still sleep with the baby monitor on so I can hear her better, but I don't hear her door opening.
She also likes to open and shut her door a lot throughout the day when she's playing. So we took the handle off yesterday since everyone was home for the day. At night we forgot to put it back on.
I was in a really deep sleep when I heard a noise beside me this morning. I open my eyes to find Chloe staring at me next to my bed. I sleepily pull her up on my bed and she hugs me then cuddles down with me for a minute. In typical Chloe fashion, she can't lay still for longer than a few seconds. So I finally look the the clock. 6am.
We weren't due to get up until 6:45am. I thought it would've been closer to that time.
I quickly got her a fresh diaper, a new drink and told her it wasn't time to get up yet. I tucked her back into bed and drifted in and out of sleep myself for the next little while. It was still early, but a little closer to the alarm going off, even though I had set it for 15 minutes later in hopes of falling back to sleep, when she started singing in her bed. One of my favorite noises. It was early, but I could even appreciate it that morning.
I finally dragged my butt out of bed and crawled into bed with her. She wanted to read a book for all of a minute before she was ready to get up and play.
I'm kind of tired today.
But there are much worse ways to wake up.
Even so, Eric's task for the day is to take her curtains down and hang them up better. The sun shining on her face this morning is probably the reason she was up so early. Normally I have to wake her up.

1 comment:
She's so adorable. :) And she loves you so much!!
Post a Comment