Yes, I'm still here. Work, combined with having no car to easily get around, combined with chores and daycare pickups = not a whole lot of free time.
I started typing this up at work, just so I could finally hop back on to the blogging train. Hah, I sound so lame.
I was so excited to see Chloe Friday night. But then she cried most of the drive home (because that's what she always does), and whined for most of the night, didn't sleep well, and whined for most of the weekend. Therefore, I wasn't as sad as I should've been to drop her off at daycare on her first day. After both girls gave us a run for our money Sunday night when they should've been sleeping, it was a welcome treat to drop them off at daycare and go to work and sit down in a quiet office all day.
I started typing this up at work, just so I could finally hop back on to the blogging train. Hah, I sound so lame.
I was so excited to see Chloe Friday night. But then she cried most of the drive home (because that's what she always does), and whined for most of the night, didn't sleep well, and whined for most of the weekend. Therefore, I wasn't as sad as I should've been to drop her off at daycare on her first day. After both girls gave us a run for our money Sunday night when they should've been sleeping, it was a welcome treat to drop them off at daycare and go to work and sit down in a quiet office all day.
Chloe's first day of daycare went well. I was a little nervous that they'd have trouble with her because of her horrible eating habits and the fact that she doesn't sleep easily when there's noise.
According to the workers, she ate all their food perfectly, so they didn't even open her baby food. Score. I'd love to have her eating more normal food.
I picked her up shortly after lunch for a doctor's appointment and they said she had already taken a 45 minute nap, which was great to hear.
I didn't get to speak to the workers when I picked her up again at the end of the day, but both of her baby bottles were empty, her baby food was still there and she was happy all evening. So far, I am happy.
Her second day didn't start off as well. When I dropped her off, she went willingly to the worker and was all set to play but when she realized I was leaving, her lip curled out and she started to cry. She was fine and happy when I picked her up though.
![]() |
| Playing in the doctor's waiting room |
Her doctor's appointment also went well. I don't have her exact weight, because they wrote it down wrong for me (I know she isn't only 15lbs) but she's in the 15th percentile now, which is a nice change from being in the 1st-2nd percentile. She's right at the 50th percentile for length. He doesn't need to see her again until she's 18 months.
Now, we just have to get through her needles next week and she's all caught up on her one year check ups.

4 comments:
Sounds like Chloe is adjusting really well for the most part!!! YAY! You have gone through some serious changes and transitions and it really seems like you have done a REMARKABLE job with it all! Hope the job is going well too! :)
I just love your honesty. I had to laugh when you said you weren't as sad as you should have been to drop her off since she had been whiny all weekend. So true and funny. I'm glad she ate the food at daycare! That's awesome.
Yay!! I'm glad she's enjoying daycare. :)
In that photo, chloe looks like she really loves staying there.
Post a Comment