Thursday, September 20, 2012

It Feels Like Family

Somehow, growing up I always knew I'd end up being a single mother. I was always so shy and awkward, I just never saw things working out for me traditionally. Maybe it was me being pessimistic, or maybe it was me being realistic. There are a lot of single mothers out there. But unlike me, most of them don't start out immediately as single mothers. 

What I didn't see coming, was how quick and easy it would be to meet someone, and form a little family of our own. 


I love watching our girls play together and bond. I love watching them laugh and occasionally hug and kiss. I love watching them splash in the bath and play peek-a-boo under the high chair. 



I love having someone to give the girls a bath so I can clean up the supper mess. I love doing the dishes together while talking about anything. 


I love having a guy who poses for stupid pictures for me. I love that money is never a fight. I love that there never really is a fight, just a discussion. I love making plans and talking about future holidays and birthdays together. 


I love that the laundry piles grow three times as fast and the sinks are never free of dishes. I love that toys and sippy cups are always everywhere. Even though some mornings are too early and some nights too rough, it feels like family. I like the feeling. 

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Growing up I used to think i would be a single mother, probably because my mother was. I'm so glad I'm not and hope I never will be.

I'm glad you found someone that you are so happy with.

Anonymous said...

LOVE this! So happy for you and Chloe will grew up with so much love.
Ash

Baby Sister said...

Awww. How cute. :) Family is the best. Ever.

Chris Carter said...

SO happy you found this kind of love...what a special and amazing journey you get to cherish together!!! :)

Sean Marie said...

I am so happy for you! Your bf's daughter is such a cutie pie. Traditional or not, you guys are fortunate to have each other. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...