I cannot believe it's that time again. It's almost Chloe's birthday. It seems like just yesterday that it was her first birthday party. I think I'm more excited for this year's party since she'll be walking and eating and aware of the people and presents. And I think she'll be excited because the theme is Dora the Explorer and my little girl is obsessed with her.
The toughest part of this birthday stuff, is figuring out what to get her. I got two presents picked out and purchased, but a friend sent me money to buy a gift on his behalf so I'm still browsing around for something perfect.
With her love of dolls, I wanted to get a really nice doll, but the selection in town isn't great.
I thought of getting her art supplies and Play D'oh.
I thought of getting her something to do with Dora.
I thought of getting her food and dishes for her kitchen.
So many options, and when I'm at the toy stores, nothing stands out.
The dolls are all either too boring, or too advanced for her age. We have enough play food for now. We can get art supplies for both girls for Christmas, and they'll be a little older then so they might not eat it all.
I'm at a loss for great ideas. It's hard to buy for the kid that already has so much.
What toys do your 2 year olds love?
3 comments:
I have no idea. I have this same problem this year but have both xmas AND his birthday the same week. Lord knows he really doesn't NEED anything.
my son is almost 2, and i noticed this weekend that he really liked playing with his cousin's "little people" stuff - putting the people in cars, placing them in different parts of their little house, etc.
he also loves all trucks and cars, but i'm not sure if your daughter would go for that ;)
I hate toy shopping for my nieces and nephews at that age, so I just buy them adorable outfits instead and make the parents deal with it. Lol I'll probably regret that when I start having kids, but oh well!!
Post a Comment