Thursday, July 25, 2013

And today, I feel better

[ via ]

Today I'm in a good mood. A real good mood. These have been rare lately. 

I read a post about Happy on Story of my Life, and Jenni talks about a documentary her and her husband watched about happiness. One of the things they talked about is how even the smallest change in your routine can attribute to your happiness. Then I got started thinking about my routine. Stressful morning, long boring day at work in a basement office with no windows, stressful evening, then relax for 1-2 hours before bed. 

It's not a great routine when you put it that way. 

So I decided to start trying new things. I decided I'd start leaving the building more during my lunch break to get a bit of a break from the dark office. I stopped, spur of the moment, at a little cafe across from my work yesterday. Don't even ask me what type of cafe it was, I just know it was foreign. Being the picky eater I am, I opted for a grilled cheese sandwich. It wasn't great, but it was good. It was different. 

Today I went for another walk and stopped at a used bookstore. Then, unplanned, I stopped for just some egg rolls at a Chinese food restaurant. It was nice to read a book while I ate and watch tourists walking down the streets. 

With that little break from the monotony, I feel better. 

Although I'll still probably fall asleep as my desk later this afternoon. It's becoming a regular occurrence. I feel like I always need a nap these days. 

1 comment:

Baby Sister said...

You know, that's true. When I used to work in our greenhouses I got SO sick of it. Spring was different because Spring is so busy at work that there is always change. (and when I had all the help I needed....when I didn't life was stressful and I hated it). But during the parts of the year when I was just stuck back there and it wasn't busy, I hated it. I loved coming up to the store for a few hours to help out. It's amazing how a little change can help our attitudes. I'm glad it's helping you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...